[Infusion-users] Is there a downloadable version of FLUID player somewhere?

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Wed Jul 9 11:09:50 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-08, at 9:45 AM, Tom Pokinko wrote:

I’m working on various projects that need an accessible video player complete with captions, transcription, preference settings etc. Is there a downloadable finished version of the Fluid player somewhere? What do I need to get it up and running on a Wordpress site, say?

Hi, Tom,

The Fluid Video Player is still at an early stage in its development (v0.1), but it is available to download from github:
    https://github.com/fluid-project/videoPlayer/

We also have an even-more-preliminary WordPress plugin for it:
    https://github.com/inclusive-design/infusion-videoPlayer-wp-plugin

Unfortunately, neither of these have been updated to the latest release of Infusion, which offers a much-improved User Interface Options component (UI Options). It's the UI Options component that offers the preferences.

We also have a "base theme" for WordPress that includes UI Options
    https://github.com/inclusive-design/wordpress-fss-theme/
It's a stripped-down theme meant to be used as a parent theme, but it, too, has not yet been updated to the latest UI Options.

Are you already using a parent theme for your WordPress instance, or could you try this one out? How comfortable are you with PHP and JavaScript? If you're already using a parent theme, you could add UI Options to your child theme yourself.

If you let me know a few more specifics about your setup and your comfort level with coding and github, perhaps we can figure out the best path forward for you. I'm happy to work with you to get the Video Player up and running on your websites.

acheetham at ocadu.ca<mailto:acheetham at ocadu.ca>           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University