[Infusion-users] Customizing Display Perference Panel

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Mon Jun 10 10:23:10 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-07, at 5:35 PM, Antranig Basman wrote:

> On 07/06/2013 17:22, Cheetham, Anastasia wrote:
>

>>> B) Why is the script executed twice? It seems to be called in two places, on FatPanelUIOptionsFrame.html and on my own pages. Does this impact on rendering?
>>

>> The FatPanelUIOptionsFrame.html file contains the various controls and is inside an iFrame. The script that is running twice is the one that actually applies the viewer's preferences, and so it is being applied both to the main page and to the content of the iFrame (i.e. the preference controls themselves).
>>

> We in fact only require one copy of MyInfusion.js - the one on the outside of the iframe. If you look at the original version of FatPanelUIOptionsFrame.html, it only includes a light scattering of files including jquery.js and some jquery UI files. It's possible that our builder process is not sensitive enough to discriminate the difference between the requirements of the outside page and the UIOptions frame, but we could get a great savings in load time if we could figure out a way to get only the required files into the frame.

Antranig, I understand that there is only one copy of Infusion, but I believe Geoffrey was referring to the fact that the uiEnhancer is instantiated twice: Once for the fat-panel, and once for the page itself. I believe this is necessary, is it not?

acheetham at ocadu.ca           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University