[Infusion-users] Customizing Display Perference Panel

Antranig Basman antranig.basman at Colorado.EDU
Fri Jun 7 17:35:17 EDT 2013

On 07/06/2013 17:22, Cheetham, Anastasia wrote:

>> B) Why is the script executed twice? It seems to be called in two places, on FatPanelUIOptionsFrame.html and on my own pages. Does this impact on rendering?
>

> The FatPanelUIOptionsFrame.html file contains the various controls and is inside an iFrame. The script that is running twice is the one that actually applies the viewer's preferences, and so it is being applied both to the main page and to the content of the iFrame (i.e. the preference controls themselves).

We in fact only require one copy of MyInfusion.js - the one on the
outside of the iframe. If you look at the original version of
FatPanelUIOptionsFrame.html, it only includes a light scattering of
files including jquery.js and some jquery UI files. It's possible that
our builder process is not sensitive enough to discriminate the
difference between the requirements of the outside page and the
UIOptions frame, but we could get a great savings in load time if we
could figure out a way to get only the required files into the frame.

In fact, on all platforms other than Internet Explorer (up to a version
number I can't recall), no JavaScript is required inside the iframe at
all. We should reassess when we make our next release to see whether the
versions which require any JS there fall within our supported set.

Cheers,
Antranig