[Infusion-users] Customizing Display Perference Panel

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Fri Jun 7 12:22:16 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-07, at 12:06 PM, Shea, Geoffrey (Academic) wrote:

> That worked! Thx. (I had tried commenting out the line but that created a mess.)
>
> Could I do this for Make Inputs Larger (I don't use any forms) and Line Spacing (since it doesn't work)? I couldn't find which file(s) they are in…

I imagine this would work. Those files are in the Infusion library, inside the components/uiOptions/html folder.

You should consider adding a "display: none;" style in your stylesheet instead of modifying the html.

> A) I tried to defer JavaScript processing until after the page load (as described here: https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/best-practices/payload#DeferLoadingJS), without success. Is deferring already built in? Or any other advice on this?

It looks like you have the *entire* Infusion library, which is not necessary. You can use our custom builder

	http://builder.fluidproject.org/

to create a MyInfusion.js file that contains only the UIOptions component and the things it depends on. This will make the file much smaller, and faster to load. On the builder page, choosing the "minimized" option will also help: This option removes all the white-space, making the file even smaller.

If you select "User Interface Options" on this page (in the centre column), it will automatically select any dependencies. Then just click "Download" on the right side of the page.

I'm curious if you used this page before, or if you obtained Infusion some other way?

> B) Why is the script executed twice? It seems to be called in two places, on FatPanelUIOptionsFrame.html and on my own pages. Does this impact on rendering?

The FatPanelUIOptionsFrame.html file contains the various controls and is inside an iFrame. The script that is running twice is the one that actually applies the viewer's preferences, and so it is being applied both to the main page and to the content of the iFrame (i.e. the preference controls themselves).

acheetham at ocadu.ca           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University