[Infusion-users] Broken demo: Inline Edit

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocad.ca
Fri Nov 4 20:51:45 UTC 2011

On 2011-11-04, at 11:29 AM, Tony Watson wrote:

> Is there anyway that the inline editor turn into a textarea rather than an input?

Hi, Tony,

It is, indeed, pretty easy to use a textarea instead of the default input element. Basically, place the textarea element in the markup and add the right selector to it. If the Inline Edit component find that, it will use it instead of creating an input field.

Your question brought to light the fact that we don't have any demos or instructions for this, so I've put one together. You can find it in our Instructional Demos section:

   http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/docs/Inline+Edit+-+Textarea+Edit+Field

This demo will show the ideal markup to add for the textarea.

We don't yet have a tutorial describing the process, so feel free to ask here if you have any questions about setting it up, or if you have any trouble getting it working. You can also find help in our IRC channel if you prefer:

   http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/IRC+Channel

acheetham at ocad.ca            Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University