[Infusion-users] User Interface Options

Michelle D'Souza michelled33 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 20:58:16 UTC 2011

Hi Fatima,

It's very interesting timing for your question. We are actually in the middle of a revamp of UI Options and the new version will be released in the upcoming Infusion 1.4. We have some mockups that will give you an idea of what the new version will look like:
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/User+interface+options%2C+Infusion+1.4%2C+draft+1+mockups

There is going to be some API change with the new version but we'll try to keep backwards compatibility where we can and at the very least we'll provide documentation on migrating your code.

The way UIEnhancer works with themes is by setting the theme class on the body of the page. You'll notice that the FSS themes are all scoped to a particular name which makes switching themes easy. If you've also developed your theme in that way, you could provide the class name for your theme as an option in the classnameMap. It will look something like this:

uiEnhancerOptions = {
	classnameMap: {
		theme: {
			"default":  "myThemeClassName"
		}
	}
};

If you do this, when a user selects a different theme your theme will be completely removed from the page before applying the other theme. If you don't do this some of your theme may show through when another theme is selected.

You will need to include the FSS themes in your page. You'll find the list of dependencies here: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/UI+Options+and+UI+Enhancer+Tutorial#UIOptionsandUIEnhancerTutorial-step2

Please let us know how it goes - I'd be happy to take a look at your code if you are having issues getting it all working.

Michelle