[Infusion-users] Image Reorderer inside a scrollable container

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 19:24:49 UTC 2010

Hi Jonathan,

On 2010-03-01, at 12:59 PM, Jonathan Hung wrote:
> We're all busy, so no need to apologize for the delayed response. :)
>
> Currently we are using a fixed height DIV with automatic overflow as a container for an Image Reorderer. Images are added/removed from the reorderer as images are imported from disc or from cameras.
>
> Scroller is something we'd consider if we understood its benefits / consequences a bit better. Questions we'd have to consider are:
>
> - Which approach is more accessible in the context?
> - What development resources are required to accomplish what we want? (keyboard and screen reader accessibility, scroll into focus, etc.)
>
> I think for the time being using a DIV with automatic overflow is acceptable although we will need to do some accessibility testing with Orca to make sure it's sufficiently accessible under FF 3 in Ubuntu.

You should be just fine with an overflowing container with the Reorderer inside it, and we haven't encountered any a11y issues with this approach so far.

The Scroller subcomponent is probably overkill for most situations. If you need to be able to programmatically scroll to particular elements, it does offer a convenient API for this sort of thing. However, I'd probably recommend the jQuery.scrollTo plugin for cases like this.

Hope this helps,