[Infusion-users] how do I use the reorderer with RSF?

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 03:40:28 UTC 2010

Hi again,

On 2010-07-20, at 7:05 PM, Charles Hedrick wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. We have gotten it working using what you're calling "progressive enhancement." This application isn't sufficiently interactive to require Ajax. (It's actually a new Sakai tool.)

Glad to hear you got it working!

> Is there any way to use one of your widgets to let users reorder a tree displayed linearly? I've got a hierarchy of pages, which will presumably be displayed as some kind of tree. I'd like to let people move them around. There seem to be some jquery widgets, but I'm concerned about both their stability and accessibility, so I'd rather use your code if possible.

We don't have a tree widget in Infusion. The Filament Group, who do some pretty great work, have built a jQuery tree that includes ARIA support, so it should be decently accessible. Here's a link:

http://www.filamentgroup.com/lab/jquery_aria_tree_control_from_book_designing_with_progressive_enhancement/

I think you could probably use the Reorderer with the Filament widget to allow users to organize items via drag and drop and the keyboard. I haven't tried it myself, but (fingers crossed) it should work. We can try to help you out with it if you have any trouble getting it to work.