[Infusion-users] Fluid Infusion Uploader

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 18:43:23 UTC 2010

Hi Nikhil,

Hopefully I'm understanding the issue correctly and can try to clarify.

There seems to be some confusion about a "directory" and a "URL" here. The Uploader works in conjunction with your Web application. On the server, you should write some kind of handler that can accept file uploads via a POST request. This should be very straightforward for you to write in almost any Web programming framework, such as .NET. Your server-side code will determine whatever directory you want to save files into.

An example of some server-side code that handles file uploads, written in Java with Spring MVC, is located here:

http://source.fluidproject.org/svn/fluid/image-gallery/trunk/web/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/imagegallery/web/MultiFileUploaderController.java

Once you've written your server-side upload code, you should make it available at a particular URL in your application. The Uploader's uploadURL option should be set accordingly.

Hopefully that helps,

Colin