[Infusion-users] Infusion 1.3 is here!

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 21:41:41 UTC 2010

The Fluid community is pleased to announce the release of Infusion 1.3, just in time for the holidays!

Infusion 1.3 is a major new release of Fluid's JavaScript application framework. This version includes substantial accessibility improvements, plugin-free HTML 5 support for the Uploader component, and variety of new framework features including the Inversion of Control system for creating highly adaptable and easy-to-test applications.

Create your own custom build of Infusion 1.3 with the new Infusion Builder:
http://builder.fluidproject.org

... or download the entire package of Infusion 1.3 at:
http://fluidproject.org/index.php/download-infusion

What's new in this release?

 * Sneak Peek at the new Inversion of Control (IoC) system
 * Uploader support for HTML 5
    - Flash-free for modern browsers!
    - Substantially improved keyboard and screen reader accessibility
    - Comprehensive automatic progressive enhancement based on browser capabilities
 * Tons of accessibility improvements
    -  Better feedback for the Progress component
    -  Enhanced screen reader support for the Inline Edit component
    -  Location and movement announcements for the Reorderer component
    -  No wrap option for the Reorderer component
 * The new Infusion Builder site, which allows you to create custom builds
 * Renderer improvements
 * ChangeApplier now supports transactions
 * Bug fixes
 * Many improved demos

We have updated our supported browser matrix to harmonize it with the latest Yahoo! A-Grade support. For more information, see our Browser Support documentation at http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Browser+Support

A huge thanks and happy holidays to all our users and everyone in the community for their hard work on this release!