[Infusion-users] Accessible Checkbox Demo

michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 24 12:41:23 UTC 2009

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. The JAWS issue you are seeing appears to be a
bug in the HTML where there are two labels for the same checkbox and
no label for one of the other checkboxes. I'm surprised that you only
got JAWS to read 'Berg' however, I would have expected 'Schoenberg'
and 'Stravinsky' to be read also since they appear to have the correct
labels. What version of JAWS are you using?

You should be able to check and uncheck the checkboxes with your
keyboard. Could you let us know what browser/OS you are using? I'd
like to be able to recreate the issue you are seeing.

I've created a JIRA issue for the label problem:
http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-3204 and we might be able
to add it to the current bug parade that is happening for the upcoming
Infusion release.

Michelle