[Infusion-users] What syntax for single inlineEdit?

Antranig Basman Antranig.Basman at colorado.edu
Mon Nov 30 23:50:17 UTC 2009

Matt Zumwalt wrote:
> The funny nesting in the id doesn't have any particular purpose in the
> DOM itself.  It's so that our save function knows how to submit the
> values to the app (equivalent to the "name" attribute in html form
> inputs).  The particular syntax is a rails convention.
>
> I'm not extremely familiar with jquery.  Are you saying that ids in this
> format will screw up the jquery #id selector?  I tried using a more
> ordinary id but it didn't help:
>
> <dd id="foo" class="flc-inlineEditable">
> </dd>
>
>     var singleEdit = fluid.inlineEdit("#foo", {});
>     singleEdit.edit();
>

> ... this still fails.

This sample markup and code works fine for me in testing. Things to
check - i) is an exception being thrown by the failure of earlier code?
ii) is there an id collision in your dd with some other markup in the file?
Yes, the jquery id selector is sensitive to unusual characters and in
this case we recommend you use the fluid.byId() framework function as a
safe and quick way to do the search. But your "foo" example should work
fine - have a look at the contents of "singleEdit" at the time of
execution to see if there is some other problem with the code.

Cheers,
A.