[Infusion-users] Infusion - bug with the reorderer

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 26 14:54:16 UTC 2009

Hey Zoltan,

On 24-Jun-09, at 2:05 PM, Stál Zoltán wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm using the reorderer addon to make my jquery-tabs sortable by
> dragging. Everything was fine until now when I noticed that if I
> drag a tab from left to right it doesn't drop off between the 2
> desired elements(where the dropmarker appears), instead next to these,
> to the right (imagine a horizontal list)!
> If I drag an element from right to left, everything's OK, it drops
> off where the dropmarker shows. What could be the problem??

Justin has filed a bug for you on that one. We'll try to get it fixed
soon for you.

> My second question is: Is there a way to make a bounding box for the
> reorderer, so that the dragged avatar can't go out of a certain
> area, like a rectangle?

As it stands today, there's no way to do this. I think in most cases,
the best interaction for users allows them to move the avatar wherever
they want, but ensuring the drop indicator correctly shows them where
it will land. At least for common drag and drop scenarios, putting a
hard stop on where users can drag will be confusing.

If it's something you need to do now, you might be able to cook up a
solution using an iFrame, but it may present accessibility problems.
If it's a feature you think we should add, we can definitely file an
feature request for it.

Hope this helps,