Regarding the project "Port UIO+ Chrome Extension to Firefox and Safari"

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:58:36 UTC 2020

Hi Umang,

Please don’t include screen shots of code, please include either a link to the code in your GitHub repo, gist, pastebin, etc or include the code directly in the e-mail.

In the issue GPII-4241 <https://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-4241> it suggests using "shift-ctrl-opt-win-u” as the keyboard shortcut. However, the chrome.commands <https://developer.chrome.com/apps/commands> API prohibits prohibits mixing Ctrl+Alt (in the suggested keyboard shortcut opt is the same as alt).

> - Also whenever I'm loading the unpacked extension on Google Chrome I'm getting an error message "WebSocket connection to 'ws://localhost:8081/browserChannel' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I am including the image of the error message below. Please help me fix this error.

That’s because it’s trying to connect to Morphic <https://morphic.world/>  but you do not have Morphic running on your machine. Don’t worry about that error for now though, it just means that preferences from Morphic won’t be passed into the extension.

Thanks
Justin