Regarding the project "Port UIO+ Chrome Extension to Firefox and Safari"

Umang Modi umangkumarmodi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 15:46:40 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

I am Umang Modi, and I would like to contribute in the project "Port UIO+
Chrome Extension to Firefox and Safari" but I have some questions regarding
it and need your help for the same.

As in the project description it is written we have to make and add an
extension that will work in both the Firefox and Safari extensions.
To develop an extension for Safari browser we need Xcode development
enviroment which is only build for macOS and I don't have access to mac
operating system.

1.Currently I'm using Windows operating system so can we use virtual
machine to develop extension for safari browsers?
2. Will there be any compatibility issues or will there be any issue in the
efficiency of the extension build through virtual machine for safari
browsers?

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Modi
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra