Doubts regarding the project "Migrate FLOE and Fluid project websites to a Modern Static Site Generator"

Umang Modi umangkumarmodi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 11:22:03 UTC 2020

Hello Team,

First of all, I want to thank the team for taking time to read my email.
You must get a lot of emails every day, so I'll keep it short.

I am Umang Modi, and I am interested in "Migrate FLOE and Fluid project
websites to a Modern Static Site Generator" project but I have a few doubts
regarding the project and need your suggestions for the same.

1. Do we have to work on the UI part and make changes in the design and
structure of the webpage or we have to work on the same design as provided
on Github?
2.  By "updating and adding new content" you mean that we have to convert
all the hand-coded HTML to a language used by HUGO and keep it in a
different repository so that it is available for moderation later?
3. Can we use any static site generator for migrating the project or do we
have to stick to any one? (as every static site generator has its own
advantages and disadvantages)

It would be really helpful if you could guide me through this so that I can
have a clear understanding about the project and it will be of great help
to start the project.

Regards,
Umang Modi
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra