Regarding the steps forward

Ayush Shankar ayushshanker23 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 14:10:06 UTC 2020

Hi,
As the project:"Migrate FLOE and Fluid Project websites to a Modern Static
Site Generator",
requires migrating it to a static site generator,so my first choice
personally was Hugo.
But my personal choice should not dominate the organization's welfare.
So I would like to know your opinion about the choice of the static site
generator to be used.
Today I was reading a comparison article between Hugo and Jekyll
(Reference:https://stackshare.io/stackups/hugo-vs-jekyll) and found out
that though more used and forked preference is Jekyll but the faster and
more efficient one is Hugo.
So yes genuinely,I still believe Hugo is a better option but I would like
to know your opinion.(Or if you prefer any third static site generator?)
Moreover I have another question.
Can I work on two projects simultaneously during the Gsoc period as I find
the project:"Port UIO+ Chrome Extension to Firefox and Safari;add more
adaptations",
quite interesting .
But for this project I can only work on the Firefox Extension because I do
not possess a macOS machine.
Honestly I want to work on both the projects with "Migrate FLOE and Fluid
Project websites to a Modern Static Site Generator",
as the primary project and half of the the UIO+ Extension project(i.e.only
the Firefox Extension) as the second project during the GSoc Project.
I do not know whether it is correct according to Google's rules to work
with two projects simultaneously or not.
So just wanted to confirm about it.
Hope you find both of my questions in this mail with the best of your
health.
Thanks in advance,
Ayush