Storytelling tool: decoupling editing and viewing stories

Cindy Li cli at ocadu.ca
Wed Aug 5 17:34:25 UTC 2020

Hi Justin,

I think using static websites for archived storytelling websites is a great idea.

However, for the site that editing can be enabled, since each save to the database will trigger a re-deploy of the static site, we might like to understand and clarify some questions before making a decision:

1. The usage of the editing tool: how are stories created? Are they usually created in workshops with a number of people editing/creating stories simultaneously, or the usage is spread over time?
2. How fast the static viewing part can be deployed?
3. Would swamped saves to the database mess up the deploy of the static part?

Moreover, with the implementation of server side auto save <https://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/SJRK-289> for uploaded medias/files, creating/editing a story could lead to multiple saves to the database rather than at the publish step.

Cindy