Default community health files for GitHub

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 18:30:21 UTC 2020

Today I’ve added a .github <https://github.com/fluid-project/.github> repository to the fluid-project <https://github.com/fluid-project> GitHub org. At least for now, this has also been forked into the inclusive-design <https://github.com/inclusive-design> GitHub org. This allows for all of the repositories within the org to take on the default community health files <https://help.github.com/en/github/building-a-strong-community/creating-a-default-community-health-file#supported-file-types> if they haven’t already specified their own. This will hopefully make all of our repos more consistent and will require less work for setting up new repositories. However, each repo should setup their own versions as needed.

In short community health files provide contributors and users of our repositories to more easily engage with and join our community.

Thanks
Justin