Community design crit - Platform coop "potluck" dry run
jhung at ocadu.ca
Mon Oct 28 18:25:54 UTC 2019
A design crit is scheduled for Tuesday October 29, 2pm to 3pm ET. At this design crit, we will be participating in the Platform Coop co-design "potluck" dry run where we will spend time identifying common inclusive design challenges and needs. This "potluck" will continue into the Community Meeting on Wednesday October 30 2:30pm to 4pm ET where we will collaboratively come up with ideas to address these challenges. You can choose to attend either Tuesday or Wednesday meeting, or both.
The meeting will be hosted in the Collaboration room at 205 Richmond Street West (IDRC offices) in Toronto, and online in this Vidyo web conference room<https://conf.inclusivedesign.ca/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=xemU59x8DtnO41eCMtCpCioWaRI>.
For more information on the Community design crits, please visit the Design Crit wiki page<https://wiki.fluidproject.org/x/HQC_B>.
A description of the "potluck" follows below:
Come and join the Platform Coop project for a dry run of the co-design workshop we are running next week at the PCC conference. The goal of this co-design is to:
* Identify shared needs and challenges across different people
* Collaboratively develop designs and requirements
* Create an action plan of how to go forward while leveraging our shared resources
To recontextualize the workshop for our group, we'll be asking you:
* What do you need from this potluck? What are some of the common challenges and needs we encounter in our inclusive design and development practices?
* What can you bring to this potluck? What tools or practices can we design to support our needs?
This will be a double bill, meaning that there will be two parts:
* Tuesday October 29 2pm to 3pm ET - We'll use this time to identify common challenges and needs
* Wednesday October 30 2:30pm to 4pm ET - We'll use this time to collaboratively come up with ideas on how to address our challenges, and create an action plan on how to move forward
Note that you do not need to come to the first one to come to the second one! Drop by one, or both.
Jonathan Hung, Inclusive Design Collaborator / Researcher
Email: jhung at ocadu.ca<mailto:jhung at ocadu.ca>
Inclusive Design Research Centre
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fluid-work