Community Meeting ( Oct 30 ): Platform coop co-design “potluck” dry run

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 13:20:19 UTC 2019

At this week’s Community Meeting <https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Community+workshops> ( October 30, 2019 ) we’ll be continuing the Platform coop co-design “potluck” dry run, started at the Tuesday Design Crit <https://wiki.fluidproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=79560733>. We’ll use this time to collaboratively come up with ideas on how to address our challenges, and create an action plan on how to move forward. Note that you do not need to come to the first one to come to the second one!

Come and join the Platform Coop project for a dry run of the co-design workshop we are running next week at the PCC conference. The goal of this co-design is to:
Identify shared needs and challenges across different people
Collaboratively develop designs and requirements
Create an action plan of how to go forward while leveraging our shared resources

To recontextualize the workshop for our group, we’ll be asking you:
What do you need from this potluck?
What are some of the common challenges and needs we encounter in our inclusive design and development practices?
What can you bring to this potluck?
What tools or practices can we design to support our needs?

This will be a double bill, meaning that there will be two parts:

Tuesday - Design crit time
We’ll use this time to identify common challenges and needs

Wednesday - Community workshop time
We’ll use this time to collaboratively come up with ideas on how to address our challenges, and create an action plan on how to move forward

Note that you do not need to come to the first one to come to the second one! Drop by one, or both.

Time:
2:30 - 4:00pm ET

Location:
Locally: IDRC Office <http://idrc.ocadu.ca/about-the-idrc/contact-us>