Infusion has migrated to a centralized copyright notice

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 12:46:52 UTC 2019

For Infusion we’ve now switched to a centralized copyright notice (See: FLUID-6325 PR <https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pull/921>). You’ll find details of copyright holders in the AUTHORS.md <https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/AUTHORS.md> file. Individual files will display the following banner pointing at the AUTHORS.md file.

Copyright The Infusion copyright holders
See the AUTHORS.md file at the top-level directory of this distribution and at
https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/raw/master/AUTHORS.md.

Licensed under the Educational Community License (ECL), Version 2.0 or the New
BSD license. You may not use this file except in compliance with one these
Licenses.

You may obtain a copy of the ECL 2.0 License and BSD License at
https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/raw/master/Infusion-LICENSE.txt

You will notice a couple exceptions where an additional copyright notice is mentioned in a JS file (e.g FluidDocument.js <https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/framework/core/js/FluidDocument.js#L2>). This is typically the case when code from another source has been included within the file.

Please ensure that you merge master and update any open PRs. Also make sure that all future contributions make use of this new structure for copyright attribution.

The change reduces the maintenance cost when needing to update copyrights. It also makes it easier to discover who the copyright holders are for the entire project. As we have opportunity we may also want to migrate our other repos to follow a similar structure.

Thanks
Justin