Infusion Proposal: skip Headless Chrome in testem config

Harnum, Alan aharnum at ocadu.ca
Fri Jul 19 14:42:54 UTC 2019

Hi Infusion devs,

Please see the full explanation in this JIRA issue: https://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-6383

Short version: testem registers Chrome and Headless Chrome as separate providers on systems where both our available, including the current CI infrastructure. This leads to redundant tests, harder to read test results, longer CI jobs, and may be responsible for some of the intermittent CI failures some of us have seen lately.

If we have a need to have both available (I searched JIRA and did not find a documented issue on this front), I may be wrong in proposing this. Please register opinions (the JIRA issue is probably the best place).

ALAN HARNUM
SENIOR INCLUSIVE DEVELOPER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE, OCAD UNIVERSITY

E aharnum at ocadu.ca<mailto:aharnum at ocadu.ca>
OCAD UNIVERSITY
100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada, M5T 1W1
www.ocadu.ca<http://ocadu.ca/>