Which CMS to use for new site?

Clark, Colin cclark at ocadu.ca
Fri Aug 16 11:57:11 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Great conversation about content management systems, thanks for bringing it up and weighing in with so many good points. Our most important priority for this particular site is to make it really quick and easy to update, add content, and change the site as fully as possible without having to write code.

Netlify is great, but it’s not smooth enough yet for this case, and others have made great points about its longevity. A standard static site generator will likely introduce too much indirection, code, and setup into the authoring experience.

Ned and Jon, who will be the primary developers of the site, have a lot of WordPress experience. Our experience using Ned’s architecture for the Platform Co-op site has been very positive as well. So I think it makes sense to go ahead and it here as well.

I hope this helps,

Associate Director
Inclusive Design Research Centre, OCAD University
https://idrc.ocadu.ca