Fedora/CentOS vagrant boxes updated

Tirloni, Giovanni gtirloni at ocadu.ca
Sat Mar 31 00:02:43 UTC 2018

Fedora 27 v20180330 released (tested with infusion and universal)

This version disables PackageKit [0] which is the service that, among other things, keeps checking for software updates and is not necessary in the context of vagrant boxes (since we release periodic updates).

PackageKit was consuming >250MB of memory (in a VM limited to 2GB, leaving only ~700MB free) and triggering out of memory errors in CI. Packages can still be installed normally through the package manager (dnf).

If anyone wants to enable PackageKit, this is the command: vagrant ssh -c 'sudo systemctl unmask packagekit'

Same instructions for updating boxes listed in previous emails still apply (see below).

0 - https://www.freedesktop.org/software/PackageKit/