Interactive PhET simulation | GSoC 2018

Nilay Arora nilayarora1298 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:03:46 UTC 2018

Hi,
I am Nilay Arora, a sophomore currently studying Computer Science
Engineering at BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus, India. I wish to apply for GSoC
with your organization. I have a programming experience of over five years in
Javascript and Front-End Web Development and have gained substantial
command over many web technologies such as AngularJS, WebAPIs, jQuery, AJAX,
CSS, and HTML. Having done Object Oriented Programming (OOP) course in my
college, I am quite confident in JAVA, OOP concepts, and Design Patterns.

I am also a part of the 10 member team which creates websites and
applications for various festivals organized at BITS Pilani.

Some projects I have contributed to are:

1. https://bits-oasis.org - Official website for Oasis BITS Pilani which is
BITS' cultural festival.

2. https://nilay117.github.io/ - AngularJS WebApp for student-run Startup -
StarConnect

3. https://bits-bosm.org/2017/intro/ - Official website for Bosm BITS
Pilani which is BITS' sports festival.

4. https://bits-apogee.org/2017/ - Official website for Apogee BITS Pilani
which is BITS' technical festival.

While going through your project ideas I was fascinated by the idea,
*"**Implement
dynamic descriptions for an interactive PhET simulation". *

Apart from Web Development, I would be interested in learning about
Simulations, which is a major reason why I would like to work with your
organization. Doing this project for your organization would help me create
a niche for myself and contribute to other projects your organization works
on.

I have started off by studying Scenery Docs
<http://phetsims.github.io/scenery/doc/>.

What else should I do to get started on this project?

--
*Nilay Arora*
*B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science Engineering*

*Mobile:- + 91-90576-73084*
*E-Mail:-*  Personal <nilayarora1298 at gmail.com> || University Emai
<f2016117 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in>l

*Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani*

*Vidya Vihar, Pilani*
*Rajasthan - 333031, India*