The Infusion name

Clark, Colin cclark at ocadu.ca
Wed Oct 18 15:10:28 UTC 2017

Hi Fluid community and friends,

I've recently been in touch with Heydon Pickering and The Paciello Group about a nice new accessible documentation platform that they've been working on.

https://github.com/ThePacielloGroup/infusion
https://developer.paciellogroup.com/blog/2017/09/infusion-an-inclusive-documentation-builder/

As you can tell, however, there's a bit of overlap in their choice of names. The Fluid community has been using the name Infusion (and its associated branding) since 2008 for our web-based inclusive design framework. I've encouraged Heydon and the folks at The Paciello Group to consider alternatives so as to avoid confusing all users, of both their tool and ours:

https://github.com/ThePacielloGroup/infusion/issues/8

If anyone wants to add friendly and encouraging comments to the thread, I think it would help a lot for Heydon and others to know how vital, collaborative, and committed our community of Infusion developers is. Please feel free to add your thoughts to the Github issue linked above.

Thanks,

Lead Software Architect,
Inclusive Design Research Centre, OCAD University
http://inclusivedesign.ca