Macros not rendering properly in the wiki when in edit mode

Obara, Justin jobara at ocadu.ca
Tue Oct 10 12:38:16 UTC 2017

Hi Gio,

Thanks for for following up and taking care of this issue.

Thanks
Justin

On October 9, 2017 at 7:17:49 AM, Tirloni, Giovanni (gtirloni at ocadu.ca<mailto:gtirloni at ocadu.ca>) wrote:

On 10/06/2017 04:08 PM, Tirloni, Giovanni wrote:
> On 10/06/2017 12:08 PM, Obara, Justin wrote:
>> Hi Gio,
>>
>> Simon and I noticed that the macros seem to be rendering with random characters when in edit mode on the wiki. You can see an example on this page https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Floe+Iteration+Plan We started seeing this late yesterday afternoon.
>>
>> Simon and I were talking about it in the channel this morning as well ( https://botbot.me/freenode/fluid-work/2017-10-06/?msg=91991891&page=2 ). It may be related to some server side rendering of the images used to represent the macros.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Justin
>>

> Hello,
>
> Support ticket created for this issue: CSP-214640
Simon/Justin,

Thanks for the heads up about this issue, it's now been fixed.

The issue was caused by the upgrade from CentOS 7.3 to 7.4 which removed some packages that provided TTF fonts that Confluence depends on.

More details at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-ui-shows-garbled-or-corrupt-text-on-captcha-macros-and-or-diagrams-due-to-missing-fonts-938027858.html

Regards,
Giovanni

see https://lists.idrc.ocad.ca/mailman/listinfo/fluid-work