Current best practices for representing text edits in a screen reader?...

Tony Atkins tony at raisingthefloor.org
Mon Nov 6 13:03:13 UTC 2017

Hi, All.

I got a little further in testing my approach, this week with screen
readers and webmail clients like GMail.  Unfortunately my previous approach
doesn't work, as many clients strip "position" CSS information from emails:

https://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/positioning-display/position/

For now I am moving on to another approach I thought of, which is to use
labels.  Most combinations of screen reader and browser result in the the
label being read instead of the content, so I would label a leading and
trailing plus/minus sign.  Any other ideas very welcome.

Cheers,

Tony