Community Meeting ( May 31 ): Critical Analysis and Disability

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Mon May 29 13:36:41 UTC 2017

At this week’s Community Meeting
<https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Community+workshops> ( May 31,
2017 ) Kathryn Benoit will be presenting and leading a discussion on
Critical Analysis and Disability.

In the presentation a 7-step framework will be discussed which helps to
guide the process of thinking critically about the messages we see and hear
related to disability. Overall, I will review this framework, and we will
work through a few examples as a group.

Relation to technology: understanding how the designs or symbols we use
could excluded populations which it is intended to help.

Time:

2:30 - 4:00pm ET

Location:

Locally: IDRC Office <http://idrc.ocadu.ca/about-the-idrc/contact-us>