Developer-oriented introduction to Infusion core concepts (for 2.0 version)

Harnum, Alan aharnum at ocadu.ca
Mon Jan 16 23:07:11 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I've written some documentation intended to help developers orient themselves to Infusion's core concepts, in the style of the (pre-1.4 page) at https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/docs/Developer+Introduction+to+Infusion+Framework

There is a pull request open for it at https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion-docs/pull/114 for comments; the document itself is viewable in my fork at https://github.com/waharnum/infusion-docs/blob/FLUID-6112/src/documents/to-do/DeveloperIntroductionToInfusionFramework.md

In particular, each concept is introduced through code samples that have live versions on CodePen.

I would describe this as a "surface level how" to what I think are the most important parts of the core framework to get a handle on for a developer new to it, with some amount of why. In some ways I am writing to my self of a year and a half ago, who would probably have appreciated this document (the self of the current day found writing it solidified his own sense of understanding of the framework, to the extent his understanding can be claimed to have a solid nature).

I would appreciate the thoughts of the community.

ALAN HARNUM
SENIOR INCLUSIVE DEVELOPER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE, OCAD UNIVERSITY

E aharnum at ocadu.ca<mailto://aharnum@ocadu.ca>

OCAD UNIVERSITY
100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada, M5T 1W1
www.ocadu.ca<http://ocadu.ca/>