Upgrade normalize.css in Infusion

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 12:25:25 UTC 2017

For those interested, there is a change log
<https://github.com/necolas/normalize.css/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md> for
normalize. It’s probably worth trying to upgrade to get the latest version
in Infusion.

Thanks
Justin

On August 30, 2017 at 3:48:58 PM, Hung, Jonathan (jhung at ocadu.ca) wrote:

In a recent update to the Floe website, we are using a <details><summary>
block for the figure caption (reference this entry on MDN
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/HTML/Element/details> for
details on <details>). This will allow a user to expand the caption to see
additional information, while keeping it all accessible.

It would appear that the version of normalize that comes with Infusion does
not support Firefox's list-item implementation of the summary element. This
github issue <https://github.com/necolas/normalize.css/issues/640> explains
the exact same scenario we are encountering on the Floe site.

To see this issue in action, visit this page
<http://floeproject.org/news/2017-08-30-self-assessment-toolkit.html> on
the Floe site. Notice how the expander triangle visually appears in Webkit
browsers, but not in Firefox. We can fix this issue on the website by using
a different version of normalize.css.

Should Infusion upgrade its version of normalize? Infusion has normalize
4.1.1
<https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/lib/normalize/css/normalize.css>,
and the current version is 7.0.0 <https://github.com/necolas/normalize.css>.

- Jon.