Upgrade normalize.css in Infusion

Hung, Jonathan jhung at ocadu.ca
Wed Aug 30 19:47:58 UTC 2017

In a recent update to the Floe website, we are using a <details><summary> block for the figure caption (reference this entry on MDN<https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/HTML/Element/details> for details on <details>). This will allow a user to expand the caption to see additional information, while keeping it all accessible.

It would appear that the version of normalize that comes with Infusion does not support Firefox's list-item implementation of the summary element. This github issue<https://github.com/necolas/normalize.css/issues/640> explains the exact same scenario we are encountering on the Floe site.

To see this issue in action, visit this page<http://floeproject.org/news/2017-08-30-self-assessment-toolkit.html> on the Floe site. Notice how the expander triangle visually appears in Webkit browsers, but not in Firefox. We can fix this issue on the website by using a different version of normalize.css.

Should Infusion upgrade its version of normalize? Infusion has normalize 4.1.1<https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/blob/master/src/lib/normalize/css/normalize.css>, and the current version is 7.0.0<https://github.com/necolas/normalize.css>.

- Jon.

---
Jonathan Hung, Inclusive Designer
Email: jhung at ocadu.ca