Fwd: Infusion questions

Georgi Todorov georgi.todorov at asteasolutions.com
Tue Aug 29 14:07:21 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

As you know, we have currently focused on visual tasks until the changes to
the PCP API are finalized. We were wondering what would be the best way (in
terms of Infusion) to display the user’s settings in the PCP window. Below
you can find the two approaches with which we experimented along with some
questions about them. Please let us know which of them is better or if we
should use something else. Any other comments or suggestions will also be
greatly appreciated.

Approach 1: Using rendererComponents and dynamic subcomponents

Branch url: https://github.com/danailbd/gpii-app/tree/poc/
dynamicSubcomponent

HTML file url: https://github.com/danailbd/gpii-app/blob/poc/
dynamicSubcomponent/src/html/settings.html

JavaScript file url: https://github.com/danailbd/gpii-app/blob/poc/
dynamicSubcomponent/src/settings.js

gpii.app.settings.mainWindow) which will have several dynamic
subcomponents. Each of them will be a rendererComponent representing a
single user setting. For reference, please refer to HTML and JavaScript
files whose links are provided above.

Problem: As you can see, there are 3 settings to be displayed (defined in
the gpii.app.settings.controls component). However, only the last setting
is shown to the user even though a total of 3 dynamic subcomponents are
created and rendered. Do we need to place some additional markup or provide
other options to the components’ configurations?

Approach 2: Using rendererComponent with a repeat expander

Branch url: https://github.com/danailbd/gpii-app/tree/poc/repeatExpander

HTML file url: https://github.com/danailbd/gpii-app/blob/poc/
repeatExpander/src/html/settings.html

JavaScript file url: https://github.com/danailbd/gpii-app/blob/poc/
repeatExpander/src/settings.js

will use a fluid.renderer.repeat expander to generate the markup for all of
the user’s settings.

Problem: Nothing is shown in the browser window. Upon inspection of the DOM
tree, one can see that the element whose class is flc-controlItem is not
present at all. What else do we need to specify in the components’
configurations or in the HTML in order for the expander to produce the
expected results? Does using an expander make sense in this case as each
individual setting can be a complicated unit which may require to have a
separate Infusion component for itself?

And one more thing - where can we post such questions (which include code
snippets or links to code) in the future?

Best regards,

The Astea Team

--
*The information in this e-mail and any accompanying files is intended only
for the recipients named above. This message may contain CONFIDENTIAL