Automatic duplex layout generator for Inclusive Design Guides

Hung, Jonathan jhung at ocadu.ca
Mon Sep 26 21:22:19 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

We would like to be able to take the content of the Inclusive Design Guides<http://guide.inclusivedesign.ca> and be able to print “card versions” of the content. We have print versions of these cards, but updating them is a lengthy manual process done through Adobe Illustrator (copy and pasting text, adjusting layout etc). It’d be great to automate this.

To do this, we will need to able to split each HTML content page into front and back halves, and reassemble the pairs into a proper duplex layout.

I’ve documented the issue and a possible approach to implementing this on this wiki page: https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Inclusive+Design+Guides+for+duplexed+card+output

If possible, it would be great to have a working solution in time for the DEEP conference Oct 13-14.

I would like your thoughts about the suggested approach, and share ideas on how a solution may be implemented. We can meet and chat ideas in the IRC channel (#fluid-work) or meet on Vidyo.

Thanks!

- Jon.

---
Jonathan Hung, Inclusive Designer