Code cleanup proposals for Infusion 2.0

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:22:54 UTC 2016

I’d like to propose that as part of the work for Infusion 2.0 that we
remove as much of the old, unnecessary code, markup, styles and etc as
possible. The goal will be to reduce the files size and the JavaScript
processing time for Infusion. I’m also hoping that it will improve the
readability and maintainability of the codebase.

FLUID-5370 <https://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-5370> covers a
specific change for removing deprecated token replacement values from the
Uploader. There has been some discussion on the related pull request for
this work. (
https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pull/744#discussion_r77200339 ).

Additionally we’ll be looking to upgrade our version of jQuery ( FLUID-5825
<https://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-5825> ) which will include
dropping support for older browsers. I propose we do the same throughout
the Infusion code base. For Infusion 2.0 we’ll only be supporting the
latest browser versions (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, IE 11, MS Edge, Safari).

Thanks
Justin