New ILDH Entry on Inclusive Making, Hacking and Hands-On Learning

Harnum, Alan aharnum at ocadu.ca
Fri Nov 18 14:23:21 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Writing to solicit feedback and thoughts on a new entry I'll be working on for the Inclusive Learning Design Handbook on "Inclusive Making, Hacking and Hands-On Learning".

The entry is targeted at educators (expansively speaking, not just teachers in the classroom) interested in using inclusive practices under the broad hacking / making umbrella. That might include hacking / making with students with disabilities, hacking / making collaboration between students and the disability community, or AT-oriented software/hardware hackathons.

I'll be drawing examples from things the Fluid community and our partners have worked on such as the Nexus, AsTeRICS, the Inclusive Design Guide, projects in the GPII Developer Space, etc, including hackathon work we've done like Nexus/PHET mashup.

If you have ideas for topics that should be covered or examples (concrete or theoretical) that could be used, I'd love to hear them.

ALAN HARNUM
SENIOR INCLUSIVE DEVELOPER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE, OCAD UNIVERSITY

E aharnum at ocadu.ca<mailto://aharnum@ocadu.ca>

OCAD UNIVERSITY
100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada, M5T 1W1
www.ocadu.ca<http://ocadu.ca/>