CSS optimization

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:02:35 UTC 2016

I’m not a CSS expert, which is partly why I wonder if our CSS is as clean
as it can be. I’m sometimes worried that we get into the case where we
provide overrides for styles, but a simpler set of styles in general could
have provided the desired effect in a more straightforward manner.

Recently I came across CSS Purge <http://www.csspurge.com>, which has
inspired me to think about this again. To that end, I’ve filed FLUID-5195
<https://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-5915>. I’m hoping that we’ll
be able to tackle this for the Infusion 2.0 release. We have more tools and
better browser support for CSS at our disposal today than we’ve had in the
past.

Please feel free to contribute ideas of where and how we can improve on
this.

Thanks
Justin