Post Infusion 2.0 Review

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:32:45 UTC 2016

Despite the fact that we haven’t officially announced the release of
Infusion 2.0 ( still a few PRs
<https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion-docs/milestone/1> left for the
Infusion-Docs ), we’d like to organize a Post Infusion 2.0 review. Where we
can talk about some of the TODOs identified while pushing towards the
release and other future plans for Infusion.

Because there is no scheduled community meeting for next week, we can make
use of the time to hold our review session.

Date: Dec 21, 2016
Time: 2:30 - 4:00pm ET

Below I’ve seeded some topics that I’ve been compiling over the last couple
of months.

*Infusion*

   - Make use of github contributions doc
      - https://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-5959
      -
      https://help.github.com/articles/setting-guidelines-for-repository-contributors/
   - Figure out what to do about CLAs ( use a digital CLA or remove the
   requirement )
      - https://cla-assistant.io
      - https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2014/jun/09/do-not-need-cla/
      -
      https://botbot.me/freenode/fluid-work/2016-11-25/?msg=77009195&page=1
   - Consider moving to a centralized copyright notice, e.g. an Authors or
   Copyright file
      -
      https://softwarefreedom.org/resources/2012/ManagingCopyrightInformation.html
      -
      https://botbot.me/freenode/fluid-work/2016-11-29/?msg=77196617&page=3
   - What to do about Infusion Components? ( Update, Retire, Archive, etc )
   - What to do about project structure ( e.g. split into separate repos?,
   builds, etc. )
   - Establish and publish a code of conduct

*Infusion Docs*

   - Deploy versioned documentation as well as in development
   - Establish a practice for tagging new changes in the docs
      - E.g. “Changed in infusion-dev”
   - How do we make fixes to Infusion-Docs when they are tied to a release?
   - Strategies for ensuring that as content changes in the docs, all the
   pages are updated appropriately.

*VideoPlayer*

   - VideoPlayer does not work with any recent version of Infusion
      - When / How should we upgrade to latest Infusion
   - Should we remove VideoPlayer from use on our sites?
      - http://inclusivedesign.ca
      - Are there comparable or better solutions now?

Thanks
Justin