Heads up: website deployment

Tirloni, Giovanni gtirloni at ocadu.ca
Mon Apr 18 12:53:21 UTC 2016

Hi Tony,

 It's like in the attached diagram. A Jenkins instance with the proper plugins (Git, GitHub and Publish Over SSH) will receive a notifications from a GitHub WebHook and proceed to run the associated job. The job can have as many steps as needed, but in our case they are very simple at the moment (only concerned with publishing the files).

 To avoid having to manually configure Jenkins through the web interface, you can use something like Jenkins Job Builder and define the job in YAML format.

1 - https://jenkins.io/
2 - https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Plugin
3 - https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/GitHub+Plugin
4 - https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Publish+Over+SSH+Plugin