Soliciting Thoughts & Feedback for Community Meeting on Introduction to Programming

Harnum, Alan aharnum at ocadu.ca
Tue Apr 5 16:13:55 UTC 2016

Hi Taliesin,

That’s great feedback, thank you! It makes me want to talk even more about what I think of as the “class stratification” of software development – who gets to call themselves (and think of themselves) as “programmers” vs. “software engineers” vs. “developers”, the longstanding discourse around “programming” vs. “scripting”, “front end” vs. “back end”, etc etc. What you describe are IMO the experiences of someone who’s entirely entitled to call themselves a programmer!