IDRC Infrastructure maintenance notification - March 31 / April 1 - 9AM

Tirloni, Giovanni gtirloni at ocadu.ca
Tue Mar 24 06:48:36 EDT 2015

Hi all,

One of our vendors needs to upgrade equipment in the data centre next
week (Tue-Wed), starting at 9AM. This activity will result in downtime
for the following sites:

www.idrc.ocad.ca
timetrack.idrc.ocad.ca
metadata.floeproject.org
build.fluidproject.org
wiki.fluidproject.org
atutor.snow.idrc.ocad.ca
mobile-accessibility.idrc.ocad.ca
www.snow.idrc.ocad.ca
deep.idrc.ocad.ca
snowvids.idrc.ocad.ca
clinic.idrc.ocad.ca

 Changes to the Nebula cluster hardware and software will mean each site
 could be offline anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour. Services get
 provisioned in the cluster on servers that have the most spare
 resources available at any given time. As a result most of these sites
 are spread over several machines in a somewhat random fashion.

 The vendor in question has requested that we schedule 4 hours of
 downtime each day. This is mainly to establish a buffer, actual
 downtime is expected to be shorter than that.

 Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,
Giovanni