JIRA notifications can now be replied to via email...

Tony Atkins tony at raisingthefloor.org
Tue Mar 17 10:53:37 EDT 2015

Hi, All:

Steve Lee recently reopened our discussion regarding how we handle email in
our JIRA instance.  Previously, the "reply-to" address for all
notifications was Kasper's personal address.

I have now configured all projects on our JIRA instance to use a new email
address which is monitored by JIRA.  Replies to notifications or shares of
existing issues will result in a comment on the ticket.

This should make it easier to involve people who have a limited
understanding of JIRA, as they only need to reply to the email to
participate.

Please note, I have not changed anyone's notification preferences, so you
will not receive any more or less notifications that before.  The only
difference is that you can now reply to a notification and have a comment
added to the original ticket.

As part of this work, I have deprecated the previous email addressed used
for issues with the Preference Terms Dictionary.  That mail box is now set
to forward mail to the "real" address and will be decommissioned once it is
verified inactive for a few weeks.

Cheers,

Tony

P.S.  Special thanks to Giovanni for helping troubleshoot the problems with
incoming mail.