DSpace Dashboard

Shahi, Sepideh sshahi at ocadu.ca
Thu Apr 23 10:17:44 EDT 2015

Hi Jon,
Thanks for your comments.

For the Build bar on the Overview screen, would the builds happen so often that the icons begin to overlap (i.e. if multiple builds happen in a day)? Perhaps using a horizontally stacked bar graph could be useful? So for projects with continual builds it would look like a horizontal bar of green and red (see attached), and for projects with periodic builds, there would be larger gaps between the red and green blocks. This way we can use the horizontal scale to give additional meaning to the colours as well (i.e. longer the red bar, perhaps implies urgent attention).
I absolutely agree with your comment. Dana brought up a good point regarding color blindness. Color blind users would not be able to distinguish red and green areas. So, we have to make sure to include other visual cues in the bar, similar to X and Check marks that I have in the round build icons.

On the 3rd and 4th pages, should the person at the top of the list have a red bar since the project currently has failing tests? Maybe I'm not understanding how the summary and contributor lists are related.
I am not sure why you have assumed the project is failing. Is it because of the arrow next to the duration? or is it because there was no commits and no contributor for this build? It would be great to know your reasoning here because then I can correct the elements that have caused wrong impressions.

On the fourth page, is this what a project would look like if it isn't following WCAG? Is this why the WCAG column isn't there?
That’s correct. We are still debating whether it’s possible to automatically measure accessibility or not ad we need to do further investigation. That’s why I have one frame with the WCAG column and one without it to cover both scenarios.

Thanks,
Sepideh

[...]

- Jon.