CSS Framework Selection: Foundation over Bootstrap

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Fri Feb 14 02:51:47 EST 2014

I've used (and am using) Bootstrap on a number of projects, and hadn't
heard of Foundation until now.

After spending, literally just 2 minutes on their site, I'll go ahead
and cast a naive vote for Foundation based on the only premise that the
top navigation menu waits longer to collapse into a single drop down
than in bootstrap ,which always drove me nuts.

What I'm talking about is theh top bar tihng.  In bootstrap, even if you
only had like 3 items on it, if you made the window smaller, it would
turn in to a drop down menu long before the window would have been too
small to fit the 3 items.

On the foundation front page, it seems to actually wait right until
there isn't enough room before turning the menus into a drop down.

Soooo, I haven't actually looked at anything else, but that's enough for
me.  :p

-steve