Need to pick an accessible drop-down...

Dana Ayotte dana.ayotte at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 13:00:29 EDT 2014

Hi Tony,
I'm not sure how much of the PMT/PCP work you're aware of (so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious here) -- we implemented combo boxes/drop-down menus in the PMT and PCP but they are not ideal. As I understand after a brief discussion with Cindy we also began with a jquery select box but we are not satisfied with the keyboard accessibility nor with the limitations of styling that you point out.  I can't speak to the technical details but wanted to confirm with you that we have not yet come up with a better starting point and we are still in need of an accessible solution. I've copied the GPII UX list here as well in case any of the developers can comment further.
Dana