Need to pick an accessible drop-down...

Steve Lee steve at opendirective.com
Thu Aug 14 14:53:01 EDT 2014

Hmm, I disagree. Web components are simply an architectural modularisation
technique. At least with custom elements, and largely shadow DOM etc.

You get all the advantages of ease of use of your new tags as a black box
(just like standard elements) but all code is part of your project. If you
use existing web components you just pick open source ones with healthy
community. Same as any thing else you will depend on.

Or am I missing your point?

I used XBL, a precursor W3C standard, in Maavis and found the approach
added much to what is otherwise architecturally easy in JS.

Steve

Autocomplete may have messed with my text