Need to pick an accessible drop-down...

Antranig Basman antranig.basman at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 14 14:39:07 EDT 2014

Hi there Steve - thanks for the suggestion, but Web Components don't fit
in with our preferred development idiom in our communities. Our emphasis
is on accessibility and openness - whereas by design, the markup and
implementation for web components is hidden behind an impenetrable boundary.

We will need to make sure that we only make use of components which work
on the standard web - that is, based on the use of a standard, open DOM
in which the component's markup remains accessible. This means, for
example, that accessibility and markup can be tweaked after the fact, as
well as allowing for other transformations of the user interface. A
cornerstone of our approach to accessibility is that interfaces are
adaptible - and by definition, Web Components are not adaptible since
all of their markup and behaviour has been baked in by the originator.

Cheers,
Antranig