CSS Framework - Wrap up
jhung at ocadu.ca
Wed Apr 23 11:26:15 EDT 2014
I'm just trying to wrap up the discussion about the CSS framework
recommendation for Infusion.
To summarize the following is the updated recommendation based on earlier
- CSS framework is not recommended for Fluid components at this time
primarily due to the lack of custom name spacing. Without proper name
spacing, there is a chance that there will be classname collisions which
will make it difficult to integrate Fluid components.
- CSS framework is fine to be used for websites, demos, and other
integration / non-component scenarios.
- Zurb Foundation is the suggested framework to be used.
- Continue using default styles in Fluid components and leave it to the
integrator to customize with their own CSS framework if they choose to.
- There may be an opportunity to add new features to Learner Preferences
that can transform CSS framework components (like navigation bars and
button links). Further discussion is encouraged.
- We will not create contrast themes for CSS frameworks. Creating a theme
is non-trivial (lots of values to adapt) and s high maintenance (each major
or minor release will need to be tested - occurs roughly once a month).
- Contrast theme generation using a CSS pre-processor to be investigated.
Possible pre-processors include: Less, SASS, and Stylus. This will be a
For additional details, please refer to this document on the Fluid wiki:
We have already adopted some of these recommendations internally (i.e for
the FLOE Metadata Authoring
and we would like to formalize this going forward.
Please chime in.
INCLUSIVE DESIGNER, IDRC
*T:* 416 977 6000 x3951
*F:* 416 977 9844
*E:* jhung at ocadu.ca
Inclusive Design Research Centre
205 Richmond Street W, Toronto, ON, M5V 1V3
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fluid-work