UIO settings store API

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Thu May 23 15:32:39 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-14, at 10:52 AM, Zenevich, Yura wrote:

> Antranig suggested I ping the community about a small API change for UIO settings store component. I am changing its |save| and |fetch| methods to |set| and |get| respectively. You can see the changes as part of my pull request here: https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion/pull/323
>
> Let me know if you think these changes can potentially break things for the users. Please note that the UIO component has a "preview" status.

As you point out, the component is Preview status, which is defined as "Still growing, but with broad browser support. Expect new features in upcoming releases." Only the Sneak Peek status declares "APIs will change."

That said, the redesign has broken the API already: Anyone upgrading UIO to the latest version is going to have to make changes to their code. I don't imagine that including changes to the Store component will add that much of a burden to what they'll already have to do.

We are going to have to document all these changes clearly and thoroughly; we'll just have to remember to include the change in the Store API.

acheetham at ocadu.ca           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University